So, I was thinking. I know, right? Who thinks these days? Anyway, I was thinking. Sixth grade, then seventh grade, then eighth grade, ect. What if I do nothing?! What if I don't try anything? What if I spend my whole life doing exactly the same things, not trying anything new, or doing anything new. I need to challenge a bland and tasteless life, I need to stretch my fingers toward the horizon of lasanga. I spelled that wrong.
MY 2012 / 2013 RESOLUTIONS:
1. Take note of new things.
2. Make a new friend.
3. Listen to music.
4. Start a collection.
5. Be on the lookout for new foods to try.
6. Widen my view, observe.
7. Take time for mental meditation.
8. Enjoy how much I value friends / family.
9. Be enthusiastic.
MY 2012 / 2012 GOALS:
1. Do a split.
2. Get my Rubik's Cube time down to one minute or less.
3. Visit more graveyards.
4. Keep a journal.
5. Find a new singer / songwriter at every opportunity.
6. Every so often, drive through a town I've never been to before.
7. Keep in touch with Miss McKenney ( My fourth and fifth grade teacher, who now is my health teacher.)
8. Write descriptions of people, places, things, feelings, and ideas.
9. Memorize the Bill of Rights.
So there you have it. I'll tackle the goals, always be working on one, or maybe to. But the nine resolutions will be front and center, taking time for each, carefully thinking about how to advance on each of them.
It's going to be a challenge. It's going to be hard, but hopefully worth it.